Saturday, January 31, 2009

Settled? Well, at least a little.

I hope I don't end up being one of those bloggers who posts every detail of their every day on the internet. But I guess I haven't posted for a couple days, so I feel better about life.

I started my internship... it's going really great. I've been amazed at how many social work skills I have used so far, two days into it. I've been able to meet some amazing people and have really enjoyed getting to know the people I'll be working with. Not only that, but I found a place that will serve me coffee for 35 cents a cup, with free refills for as long as I am there. Score one for me.

Yesterday we went to see Improvised Shakespeare at the IO Theater near Wrigley Field. Holy cow was that funny! Basically, they ask someone from the audience to give them a title to work from, and these six or seven men perform an improvised play, in the style and wording of Shakespeare. Ours was "Rod has a Bad Day." Several characters were Scottish and sounded suspiciously like something one would find on a McDonald's menu. It was a lot of fun and a great way to end orientation.

And today we moved into our apartment! My parents came up and helped bring all of my stuff, and after many hours of unpacking and attempting to organize, I am pretty much settled, at least as far as I can be. Since then I've just been hanging out with the roomies that are here. Not only that, but we discovered that the Mexican place down the street is AWESOME. Best burrito ever.

Tomorrow is Chinese New Year, so I'll be sure to post on that. We're going to a giant parade in Chinatown, and I am looking forward to seeing all the craziness.

Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment