Tuesday, February 17, 2009

deep thoughts on a gray Tuesday

Ugh, I felt like such an adult today. I went to meetings, worked my required hours, rode the bus home, went to the post office, went to the library, came home, made dinner, etc.

Lame.

Not gonna lie, I really miss the days of goofing off until two in the morning. Right now, it's not even 9:30 and I'm tired.

Lame sauce.

Not really much new to report. I am really ready to see my friends from back home when they come up in a couple weeks, but I am enjoying the friendships that I have and am making now. I am learning a lot, and I feel like I am being trusted with a lot, which is good. God and I are getting quite a bit of a talk time in... I spend two hours on the bus a day, and sometimes there is nothing to do but pray because I can't handle doing anything else when I am on the bus (believe me, I'm taking advantage of it). Overall, I know this is where I am supposed to be, but at the same time, it's still hard to be here.

I've been checking out Paul a lot recently, and I feel like he and I relate really well on this subject in Philippians. He talks about how he knows he is where he is supposed to be, but he also knows that he wants to be with Christ. I pretty much feel the same... I'm supposed to be here, but it's not easy, and I sometimes wish I was elsewhere.

Anyway, I don't want to be a mood killer, this is just what is on my mind. I hope to update everyone with pictures and such soon... sorry I suck at taking pictures! Going to the aquarium tomorrow, should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment